Sunday, February 1, 2015

February Stamp Club and Class Thursday, February 5th 3:30 p.m. or 6:30 p.m.

Our class will be Thursday, February 5th at either 3:30 p.m. or 6:30 p.m.

Please let me know if you are coming and at what time, so I may cut enough projects and have enough spots around the table. $10, or $5 with a $25 purchase, FREE with a $50 purchase, or FREE for 6 month/$25 club members.

Sale-A-Bration continues this month, so you'll receive a free item from the SAB catalog for each $50 you spend! Let me know if you need a Sale-A-Bration catalog or an Occasions catalog!

When I saw the Pop-Up Diorama card tutorial by Julie Davison on Splitcoast, I knew I wanted to make one for a card for Stamp class. I think everyone will appreciate how easy this card will be.  The sentiment on the front could also be Happy Valentine's day, so it could be sent to anyone. I used the Itty Bitty Banners, a sentiment from the February Paper Pumpkin kit, the Stacked with Love dsp stack and the Groovy Love stamp set and matching Sweetheart punch. Be sure to use sticky strip to attach the flap to the FRONT of the card...not the back of the card. :)




For our Simple project we'll use the Tiny Treat Boxes to create a little box for gift giving.  They are food safe boxes, so they'd make a fun package for a chocolate bon bon too.  Yours need not look like mine....You could make the bow more masculine by leaving the tails straight or use a variety of different stamps on it.  You overlap the loops in the middle and wrap the cover around them.  I used sticky strip though most people say to use glue dots.


For this card, YOU choose how much work to do....I cut extra layers of petals, but there is certainly no ~need~ to do that....It will be lovely just stamped once with a little Rock N Roll technique.


This card uses the Bokeh Background....well my version of it anyway....with bling....as well as the Butterfly framelit with orange behind it to mimic a Monarch.  (I have a template for the orange.)  Probably would have been more accurate in Daffodil Delight as a Swallowtail butterfly, but I wanted to use orange. :) This is done with pencil erasers. You begin closest to the image and stamp lighter colors on the way toward the edge.

No comments: